INBA continues its series of content-driven networking sessions with our next Business Breakfast, in association with Veolia Nederland B.V., which will be held at the Krasnapolsky Hotel in Amsterdam on 21 April, 2015. The topic for discussion is 'The future of the biobased and circular economy in The Netherlands' with guest speakers Daan Dijk, Director Biomaterials Supply Chain Rabobank and Hildagarde McCarville, CEO Veolia Nederland B.V.
Daan Dijk studied Chemical Physics at the Universities of Groningen and Tel Aviv (MSc, 1980) . He worked as a researcher and consultant in the energy sector for nearly 20 years. In 1999 he joined Rabobank where he is currently Director Biomaterials Supply Chain. His focus is on bio-renewables and clean tech business.
Recent assignments /memberships include a.o.
-The Dutch Bio-Renewables Business Platform
- Scientific Committee of the Bio Based Industries Public Private Partnership
- The Sustainable Biomass Commission in the Netherlands, Ministry of Infrastructure and Environment. The Netherlands
- Member of the Scientific & Technological Board Biobased Economy (WTC), Ministry of Economic Affairs . The Netherlands
- Steering committee of the Deloitte Global Fermentation Study 2014
- Chair supervisory board of a regional clean tech fund in the Netherlands
- Advisory board Renewable Energy Innovation, Ministry of Economic affairs
In 2007 Daan was awarded the UNEP-FI Carbon Leadership Award.